|08.16.16, from Jennifer W.
Hi, I'm reaching out to you because we're kicking off an awareness campaign about the link between mental health and addiction. Many people don't realize that addiction often co-occurs with other mental health disorders, and it's critical to treat both conditions in order for afflicted individuals to live happier, healthier lives.
In order to spread awareness on this issue, we're doing a couple of
things. First, we're asking that you share these resources
related to mental health and addiction with your site visitors.
• Comorbidity with Substance Abuse
• Schizophrenia and Addiction
• Bipolar Disorder and Addiction
• The Benefits of Exercise in Addiction Recovery
• Swim Back to Health: Aquatic Therapy for Recovering Addicts
• Making the Connection: Trauma and Substance Abuse
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Substance Abuse
• Meaningful Work and Recovery
Second, we're requesting the privilege of writing an original,
research-based article on this topic for your site. This will be done absolutely
*free* of charge — this is truly a subject we're passionate about. Let me know your thoughts, and thank you in advance!